Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Traditions

Well, in my family we have traditions but, nothing set in stone. Like we always go to my grandparents on my dad's side. We have done that for many years now and now that we live closer there's no hassle. 
        But, that is just one of the few traditions. Theres another one that I believe my mom doesn't think about. After we eat my mom lays down in my grandparents bedroom and sleeps intill my dad finishes watching football.
        Another one would have to be watching the Cowboys game. We watch it every year. And I mean every year! My papaw and my dad and sometimes my Uncle Eli watch it. 
       Although they do that Daken and I ride the four wheelers on the ranch. I ride the red and blue stick shift. Daken rides the small camp automatic. All very fun!
      One time I scareded one of the cows so bad he freaked out and ran into a tree. I laughed so hard I didn't see where I was going and got stuck and had walk back.
     This last time my brother got the four wheeler stuck under the trampoline and then he tried to steal my four wheeler. But, I took the key with me as I went to get my dad. 
      Another tradition is having a variety of gravy because my mom can't stand giblets. They are gross but, I don't eat gravy so it doesn't bother me.
     Cabbage is now banned from Saurage family Thanksgivings. My brother has a phobia and throws up at the sight. I'm pretty sure he forces himself but, whatever!
     If you couldn't tell yet we have many traditions even my family didn't know of. But, they happen constantly and every year some of them even apply to other holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment